All who travel outside the United States need a passport to re-enter the country. This includes travel to Canada, Bermuda and the Caribbean.
When applying for a passport, two (2) separate fees and forms of payment are required. Please check the Passport Fees section to review the accepted forms of payment.
If you don't see the information you need below, please visit Travel.State.Gov for more information.
Where to Apply
Passport applications are accepted at the following Clerk locations:
- Duval County Courthouse: 501 W Adams Street, Room 1046
In order to allow adequate time to process your application, please arrive at the Courthouse prior to 4:30pm.
Neptune Beach Branch: 1543 Atlantic Blvd, Neptune Beach, FL 32266
In order to allow adequate time to process your application, please arrive at the Beaches Office prior to 4:00pm.
Required for a New Passport
Form DS-11 must be completed if any of the following is true:
- You have never had a U.S. passport
- You are under age 16
- Your most recent passport was issued more than 15 years ago
- Your most recent passport was lost or stolen
All applications must be completed in BLACK INK ONLY.
The following documentation will need to be provided with your application:
Proof of citizenship
- Certified copy of your birth certificate (must include parent’s full names)
- Certificate of naturalization (if applicable)
- You must also provide a black and white photocopy of your proof of citizenship. We can provide this service for you at a charge of $ .15 per page.
Proof of identity (one of the following):
- Valid driver's license
- State identification card
- You must also provide a photocopy of the front and back of your proof of identity. We can provide this service for you at a charge of $ .15 per page
Temporary IDs are not accepted as proof of identity.
- Recent color photo (background must be plain white or off-white)
- Front view - eyeglasses must be removed
- 2 inches X 2 inches
- Neutral, non-exaggerated facial expression
- Taken in normal daily attire – nothing that looks like a uniform or camouflage attire
Effective November 1st, 2016, customers applying for or renewing their passport must remove eyeglasses for their passport photo.
Please visit our #pictureperfectpassport page for more detailed information on passport photo requirements.
Estimated Time to Receive Passport
- Expedited: 2-3 weeks
- Regular processing: 4-6 weeks
Fees are paid to both the Clerk's Office and the Department of State. Two separate forms of payment are required. Please note the different forms of payments accepted by each agency.
|Type of Passport||Clerk Fee (cash, cashier's check, money order, credit card)||Dept. of State Fee (check, cashier's check, money order)|
|New Passport Book - Adult (16 or older)||$35.00||$110.00|
|New Passport Book - Adult, expedited||$35.00||$170.00|
|New Passport Book - Child (15 or younger)||$35.00||$80.00|
|New Passport Book - Child, expedited||$35.00||$140.00|
|New Passport Card - Adult||$35.00||$30.00|
|New Passport Card - Child||$35.00||$15.00|
If you would like to expedite your passport application, there is a $60 fee payable to the Department of State.
For more information regarding expediting your application, please contact the Clerk’s Office.
NOTE: There is a 3.5% service fee on all credit card transactions.
IMPORTANT: The Clerk’s Office does not process passport renewals.
Passport renewals are done by mail through the Department of State if you meet the following requirements:
- You possess a passport that is not more than 5 years past the expiration date, and
- You were at least 16 years of age when it was issued
If you qualify, complete form DS-82 and return to the address listed on the form.
Passport Applications for Minors
Form DS-11 must be completed for minors (under age 16) and the following must be provided:
- Proof of citizenship in the form of a birth certificate
- Driver's license, if applicable
- Most recent passport, if applicable
- Parent(s)/Guardian(s) must submit evidence of their relationship to the minor applicant
- The minor must appear in person
Both parents must be present to sign the application. If only one parent is present, the absent parent must submit a notarized Statement of Consent (form DS-3053) and a photocopy of the front and back of his/her driver's license. The consent form cannot be more than three months old.
Contact the Passport department
Your feedback has been submitted and will be forwarded to the appropriate department automatically
|Case / Reference #:|
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.