General Information

In the Misdemeanor Department of the Clerk’s Office, we process and manage criminal cases in which someone is charged with a misdemeanor-level offense. This includes violations of the State of Florida Statutes or Municipal Ordinances. It also includes all non-arrested, misdemeanor-charged cases and other cases that don’t involve an arrest, such as violations or infractions of criminal or civil municipal ordinances and civil juvenile tobacco violations. We also collect and track all fines and fees assessed by the court for these violations.

We hope you find the information provided on this page to be helpful. If you would like more information, please feel free to call us at (904) 255-2000.

Court Dates

If you were bonded out of jail or released by a Judge, you were notified of your next court date (arraignment) at that time. To verify an upcoming court date, you should ask about it no sooner than 2:00 p.m. on the day before the scheduled court date. You may also contact the State Attorney’s Office for pending arraignment court date(s) at (904) 255-2500. For all later court appearances, we invite you to contact the Clerk’s Misdemeanor Department at (904) 255-2000.

When asking about a case, please be sure to have one or all of the following available so we can serve you more quickly: misdemeanor case number, jail offender number, State Attorney number, the date of the offense and/or the complete name of defendant (as provided at arrest).

Please note that the Clerk's Office does not establish an individual’s court date, nor do we have the authority to change a court date. If you have a question about your court date, please contact your attorney (if applicable) for assistance.

Failure to Appear

Failure to appear for an established court date can have serious consequences. The Court may issue a Capias, or order, for your arrest. In addition, if you have posted a bond for your release, the Court can order a forfeiture of that bond, and you may lose the money and/or collateral that was posted. The court could impose additional penalties it thinks are appropriate.

Case Information

To view case dockets, please visit the Clerk Online Resource ePortal (CORE), and note that only approved parties may access the actual case documents online.

For further information about a misdemeanor case, please make your request in writing by using the Search Form found in the Forms Section, below. Please be sure to clearly indicate the information you are asking for. Please send your request to:

Clerk of the Circuit Court

ATTN: Misdemeanor Department (Records Request)

501 West Adams Street, Room 1223

Jacksonville, Fl. 32202

Fines and Fees

If you are on probation and your fines or fees are to be made to the Salvation Army Probation Department, please contact your Probation Officer concerning payment.  If you do not contact these officers, it may result in a Violation of Probation, and the Court may issue a Capias for your arrest.

If you were instructed to pay your fines or fees directly to the Clerk of Courts, those fines or fees will remain outstanding until you pay it in full.  If you fail to pay a fine, it may result in your information being forwarded to a collections agency.  This agency will make efforts to collect the fine, and you will be subject to an additional 40-percent collection rate. 

If you would like information about your fee or fine balance, please contact the Misdemeanor Department of the Clerk’s Office at (904) 255-2000.  Please have available the misdemeanor case number and/or the defendant’s name.

Payment Options

For your convenience, the Misdemeanor Department accepts in-person payments of cash, cashier’s checks, money orders or debit/credit cards (subject to a processing fee). PERSONAL CHECKS CANNOT BE ACCEPTED.

Payments made by mail should be made to the Clerk of Court. Please note that the only payment types we accept through the mail are cashier’s checks, certified checks, or money orders. A case number and defendant name are required on all payments. Our mailing address is: 

Clerk of the Circuit Court

ATTN: Misdemeanor Department

501 West Adams Street, Room 1223

Jacksonville, FL 32202

Collection Agency Contact Information




Harris and Harris


(855) 959-0296

If you do not know to which collection agency your case has been assigned, please contact the Misdemeanor department for assistance.


If you are on Probation and the restitution was ordered to be paid through the Salvation Army, please contact your Probation Officer for information about your restitution payments.

If you are NOT on Probation and if your Judgment and Restitution Order or the Judge directed you to make payments to the Clerk of the Court, you may make your payments in person or by mail (please see “Payment Options,” above).

Please note that all Restitution Payments must include a $3.50 processing fee.

Getting your Restitution Money

At the Clerk’s Office, we can issue restitution payments to a victim only upon receiving payments from the defendant for that specific victim and only as ordered by the court. If a defendant does not make payments as ordered by the court, the victim can seek relief through a Civil Judgment. Please click on Judgment and Restitution Order Instruction Sheet in the Forms Section of this page to learn more.

Misdemeanor Documents & Publications

Get Adobe Reader

Frequently Asked Questions

Where are the Judges' offices located?

For information about the 4th Judicial Circuit, please visit www.jud4.org.

How can I press charges against someone?

Please contact the State Attorney’s Office at (904) 255-2500 to learn about this process.

What if I can't pay my fine?

If you are on Probation and the Judge ordered you to pay your fine to the Salvation Army Probation Department, please contact your Probation Officer. If you fail to contact them about a late payment, it may result in a Violation of Probation. Also, the Court may issue a Warrant for your arrest.

If you are not on Probation, you were given a specific date to pay your fines. If you do not pay these fines by that date, your information may be forwarded to a collections agency in an effort to collect your fine. This is subject to a 40-percent collections rate. Payment extensions are granted in certain types of cases. Please call the Misdemeanor Department at (904) 255-2000.

I have moved. What information should I provide the Clerk of Courts?

The defendant is responsible for keeping the Clerk of Court informed of his or her correct address. For your convenience, you can mail your change of address to the address below.

Please include the Misdemeanor case number, the defendant’s name, the date of arrest (if available) and charges (if available) in the letter with the new address.

Can I attend a criminal trial?

All sessions of court are open to the public unless a judge has ordered it to be closed. Of course, spectators are expected to dress and conduct themselves properly when attending any court session.

What is an arraignment?

An arraignment is a court procedure in which a person accused of breaking the law pleads to the charge stated in a charging document (i.e., information, citation, etc.). The defendant is told of the charge and of his or her legal rights. The defendant is then asked to plead guilty, not guilty or nolo contendere (no contest).

In most instances, a case is continued from the arraignment to a later court date. If so, the defendant is informed of his or her next court date.

How can I get a "criminal records search/background check and letter," and how much does it cost?

Since the Clerk of Courts is not responsible for performing criminal record or background searches, we suggest that you contact the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office for information about these searches.

I would like an attorney but can't afford one. What can I do?

Florida Statute 27.51(1) states, "The public defender shall represent, without additional compensation, any person determined by the court to be indigent as provided in Florida Statute 27.52." If you have been arrested and charged with a criminal offense but you cannot afford an attorney, you may be eligible for the service of a public defender. You can make a request for a public defender during your first court appearance. Please contact the Public Defender’s Office at (904) 255-4673 if you’d like more information.

I am a witness in a case. How can I get information about the case?

As a witness in a case, please direct your questions about that case to the attorney who subpoenaed you as a witness.

How can I get my cash bond refunded?

After a case is concluded, the cash bond may be released to the depositor. But keep in mind that the cash bond may be used to pay for fines, court costs or Restitution before the reimbursement of any remaining funds. If the depositor is due a refund, he or she will receive it within 10 to 14 working days after final adjudication/disposition of the case.

If you are due a refund, and if you have not received it after 14 working days, please contact the Misdemeanor Department at (904) 255-2000. We’ll make every effort to address the matter as quickly as possible. Please just be sure to have available the misdemeanor case number, the defendant's name, and the date of final adjudication/disposition (if available).

How do I file an appeal?

Please contact your attorney to learn about the proper procedures for filing an appeal. If you’d like to research the information yourself, you may consult the Florida Rules of Appellate Procedure, which are found in the Florida Rules of Court. In addition, the Law Library located in the Duval County Courthouse is available to help you in your research.

Office Information

Misdemeanor Department

Office Hours

Monday through Friday (excluding holidays): 8:00 a.m. –  5:00 p.m.

Mailing Address

Duval County Clerk of Courts


501 West Adams Street, Room 1223

Jacksonville, FL 32202


(904) 255-2000

Contact the Misdemeanor department

Case / Reference #:

Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.